We’re excited to announce that we are officially accepting applications for our 2015/2016 Wanderer Online team including visual editors, content editors, managing editors, and marketing and communications ninjas! If you’re a university student or recent graduate who cares about Edmonton’s direction as a global city, we strongly encourage you to apply. The Wanderer is committed to producing bold, thought-provoking and contemporary content; we empower writers, photographers, videographers and graphic designers–experienced and new alike–to collaborate and share their voices.
The rewarding year-long experience on The Wanderer Online team will provide you with leadership experience, the opportunity to work in a diverse, flexible environment, the chance to connect with change-makers across the city and emerge with larger networks. Application details follow, and we encourage you to send any questions you have to email@example.com
Application Material Required: Resumé (one page max.), letter of intent (one page max.), one writing sample (one page max.), and names and contact information for two references; all formatted as a single PDF document. For Photography and Design applicants: in lieu of writing samples, please provide us with a brief but accurate representation of your work whether that be a collection of photographs, websites, or other materials. For Site Manager applicants: a writing sample is not required.
Submissions: Materials are to be submitted to incoming Editor-in-Chief Nikita-Kiran Singh’s email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, July 20th, 2015 at 11:59 pm MST.
Application Process: Only individuals with suitable applications will be contacted for interviews, which will take place the week of July 20th. If you are out of town, we will arrange a Skype interview. We ask that applicants advancing to the interview stage come prepared with a creative proposal for The Wanderer.
Length of Editorial Term: The Wanderer‘s incoming editors will serve a term beginning in July 2015 and concluding in June 2016.
Editorial Positions: All positions are volunteer and are approximately 15-20 hour per week commitment (fluctuates depending on the position and the time of year). Please indicate in the subject-line of your application email and your letter of intent which of the following team categories you wish to be considered for. We are seeking to fulfill the following roles:
- Two (2) Managing Editors: provide strategic direction and coordination for The Wanderer, report to the Editor-in-Chief and provide both written article contributions and ideas for large-scale projects/initiatives.
- One (1) Site Manager: responsible for website maintenance, backups, software updates, and management through a host; requires knowledge of WordPress and plugin customizations, web security, web hosting and databases.
- Content Editors: recruit and work with a network of over 70 writers, write content, edit content, as well as coordinate with Visual Editors to publish articles.
- Visual Editors: ensure that The Wanderer maintains a compelling visual presence, working closely with the EIC and Managing Editors, as well as Content Editors to ensure individual article images align with the magazine’s commitment to beautiful design.
- Communications & Marketing Team: responsible for promotion of Wanderer articles, projects, and events, recruiting writers, raising readership and increasing awareness of the magazine through coordination with external organizations.
We thank you for your time and consideration, and look forward to receiving your submission!